Golden Carrot Cake
- 1 (9-ounce) package None Such® Classic Original Condensed Mincemeat crumbled
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Orange Glaze (recipe follows)
- Step 1
PREHEAT oven to 325°F. In medium bowl, combine mincemeat, carrots, nuts and rind. Toss with 1/2 cup flour. Set aside.
- Step 2
COMBINE sugar and oil in large bowl; beat well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine remaining 1-1/2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to batter, beating until smooth. Stir in mincemeat mixture.
- Step 3
TURN into well-greased and floured 10-inch fluted or tube pan. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan. Cool. Drizzle with Orange Glaze.