Fruit Layered Pound Cake
- 1 (12 to 16-ounce) pound cake, purchased or homemade
- 1 1/3 cups None Such® Ready-to-Use Classic Original Mincemeat
- OR 1 1/3 cups None Such® Brandy and Rum Mincemeat
- 1 cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping or dulce de leche sauce, if desired
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Powdered sugar
- Step 1
LINE an 8-or 9-inch loaf pan with foil or wax paper, extending over the edges of pan.
- Step 2
Drizzle top of cake with caramel sauce and sprinkle with toasted almonds and/ or confectioners’ sugar.
- Step 3
CUT pound cake horizontally into 3 even layers. Place one cake layer in bottom of prepared pan. Spread 3/4 cup mincemeat over cake layer and top with 1/2 cup whipped topping. Repeat procedure with middle cake layer, ending with top cake layer. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- Step 4
Offer a slice of the cake with vanilla bean ice cream or custard sauce.
- Step 5
LIFT the cake out of the loaf pan carefully, using the foil as handles. Transfer the cake to a serving tray, slice and serve.
- Step 6
This recipe is easy to prepare and can be made one day prior to serving.