Apple Mincemeat Pie
- Pastry dough for 9-inch double-crust pie crust
- 3 medium Gala or Granny Smith apples, cored, pared and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (27 oz.) jar None Such® Ready-to-Use Classic Original Mincemeat
- OR 1 (27 oz.) jar None Such® Brandy and Rum Mincemeat
- 1 large egg yolk mixed with 2 tbsps. water
- Step 1
PLACE rack in lower half of oven. Heat oven to 425°F. Line 9-inch pie plate with 1 crust.
- Step 2
To substitute condensed mincemeat for ready-to-use mincemeat, crumble two (9 oz.) packages NONE SUCH® Condensed Mincemeat into small saucepan; add 1 1/2 cups water. Boil briskly 1 minute. Cool. Proceed as above.
- Step 3
TOSS apples with flour and butter in large bowl; turn into prepared crust. Spoon mincemeat evenly over apple mixture.
- Step 4
COVER with top crust. Seal and flute edges. Cut slits near center. Brush egg mixture over crust, if desired. Bake 10 minutes.
- Step 5
REDUCE oven temperature to 375°F. Bake 25 minutes longer or until golden. Cool. Garnish as desired.